Image Map

7.09.2013

Fourth of July: BFF and Baby

*Written on July 5, 2013*

Yesterday, the fourth of July, was one of the most fun days I've had with my best friend, Kimberly, in a long time. We've been best friends since we were 14, and over the years life has changed. We're turning 23 this year. She is a toddler mama, wife, student, and working lady. As you can imagine, "normal" life gets in the way of us having time to hang out quite often.

Yesterday our family (remember: J is her cousin) was out of town, neither of us had to work, and magic happened. We spent the day together with her son, Bryce. We found one of the only places open yesterday that wasn't super expensive and spent a good chunk of the afternoon there, then went swimming at a family member's house. T'was an amazing day!


After that, we made dinner at her house, picked up my mom, and took off to see fireworks super last minute. I'm not usually one to make a big deal out of seeing them, but B absolutely loved it. Every time he so much as heard a firework go off, he'd say something like "Dats a fiewouk! POP! BOOM!". It was 100%, totally worth it. Even if I thought my bladder was going to explode the entire time we we're at the fireworks thing.


Babywearing for the win, yeah? I love that carrier. We had to walk a few blocks, so I helped Kimberly wrap B in my Wrap Conversion Mei Tai from Earthy Bliss.

I hope your 4th was as amazing as mine! How did you celebrate?
Photobucket

No comments: