Image Map

7.01.2013

Blogger Book Club: The Help

Right now I'm supposed to give you my opinion and full review of The Help by Kathryn Stockett, buuut that's not gonna happen. Because I fail at life. I only got about 75 pages in. Today I'm linking up with Madeline, Melissa and Taylor!


I'm loving the plot and characters so far, so I will definitely finish The Help in addition to reading July's book (America the Beautiful by Ben Carson). I obviously can't answer these questions to the fullest because I didn't read the entire book, but I'm going to answer them based on the 75 pages I have read.

1. What was the book about?
There is A LOT going on in this book, even in the beginning. There are a lot of characters, and settings, and a fair amount of drama. But what else are wealthy white women in the South to do in 1962 besides gossip? I'm really enjoy the different point of views throughout the book, even where I'm at. I haven't even gotten to the whole "write a book about the help" part.

2. What were your initial thoughts on the book? Were you impressed? Disappointed?
The plot is definitely still being set up and impressions are still being made, but overall I'm definitely impressed. After I finish the book, I'm going to have to watch the movie, obvi.

3. Favorite quotations from the book?
No really, it is, so far. I'm a nanny, so this one kind of "hits home". I always want the children I care for  to feel this way. 

4. What did you like most about the book?
So far my favorite character is Minny and her big old mouth. :) Can't really say much more than that.

5. Would you recommend this book to a friend? 
Absolutely. Especially if said friend was a fellow nanny.
Photobucket

No comments: