Image Map

1.01.2013

Happy New Year! & 2013 Goals

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

I am pretty darn stoked for what 2013 has in store for me. This past year has been the roughest year of my adult life (you know, because I totally have a ton of adult life experience) and I am looking forward to the fresh start of a new year.

I have a job I love. I look forward to going to work everyday, and snuggling with sweet Baby L. Hard work there rewards me with a paycheck I need and allows me to be financially stable. Financial instability hit me hard last year, with the loss of two jobs that came out of nowhere. With that came a lot of borrowing and the filing of unemployment, which was a hard pill for me to swallow.

My relationship with J is strong and hearty. Just like we've always been. We lack drama and we're stable. That's the way we like it. :) We tend to do the same types of dates (dinner and movies), so I  hope that we can be more adventurous on that front. If y'all have any cool date ideas, let me know. 

Without further ado, here are my goals for 2013: 

- Get fit. I hate saying "lose x number of pounds" because I know muscle weighs more than fat, but is more compact. I gained about ten pounds over the course of the year, and it needs to go away. I'm not a large person by any means, but my clothes are becoming uncomfortably tight and that's not okay with me. I found out the the San Diego Zoo is hosting a half marathon in May. I plan on running it. 

- Grow this baby blog of mine. Accept sponsors, sponsor other blogs, host more giveaways, make it better. Stay passionate and write about things that make me happy. Keep it real. 

- Pay off my credit cards completely. I only have two. I'd also like to finish out 2013 with a decently cushy savings account. I want to be able to make it if God forbid, I lose my job again. I want to be able to live up to the standards I've set for myself. 

- Set a budget and stick to it. Save for the "big things"- an iPad mini, a DSLR, the gun I want. Obviously not hugely high priced items. But they're things I wasn't able to afford last year. 

- Do well in school. I think taking fall semester off was what I needed to become more motivated to do well. Joshua and I are also taking our first class together so I'm excited to see how we feed off of and motivate each other. 

- Develop myself professionally, have have fun with my nanny friends while doing it. INA, NannyPalooza, and National Nanny Training Day are all happening this year. I'm stoked beyond belief about it. I had to miss NannyPalooza in 2012 because I couldn't afford the plane ticket to Philly. At that point, I had just lost my job.

-Continue my journey of becoming more "green". Eating less processed foods, cutting back on the use of plastic, remembering to sort my "trash"; these are all things I need to work on.

Do we have any goals in common?  Let's keep each other motivated.

I'm leaving for MommyCon on Thursday after work. Of course, I'm incredibly excited about it. I'll be sharing my experience after it's all said and done. Follow me on Instagram and Twitter for the play-by-play.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of your resolutions and have fun at your thingy on thursday!!

Elise Michele said...

It was so fun! Will be writing about it for tomorrow (: