Image Map

6.25.2013

#SwaddleProblems



Yes, I just hash tagged on my blog. It's my blog. I can do what I want. As summer approaches, I've been more and more blogs ending up on the back burner, which is something I can totally understand, especially for those blogs written by college students. By all means, go tan, frolic, and play. But, I don't want to be one of those blogs.

Yes, I am a college student, but not full-time. I have the time to write. To jot things down. To share things with you. To cross posts off my "to write" list. To tell you that L was a horrible whiney baby yesterday because we've decided to wean him from his swaddle.

I don't really have a clue what I'm doing because at my last long-term job the baby wasn't ever swaddled. I started with them when he was four months and there he was, sleeping on his belly. I'm guessing too. Yesterday was a trying day, possibly the hardest one yet. We took it cold turkey. He couldn't sleep more than one sleep cycle (an hour) in a row.

Today is a new day and a new approach. If it works, I'll let you know. I'm sure I'll write about it even if it doesn't. I wish this transition could be quick and painless, but it's not going to be. He loves being wrapped tight like a burrito. Wish us luck. I'm hoping for a better day and happier baby!

Have you experienced the swaddle wean?
What method did you use? Any tips?
Please share your experiences!
Photobucket

No comments: