Image Map

11.28.2012

Simple & Delicious Chili

I have to share a recipe I tried out tonight.
I have been craving chili for a few days, and decided to make it for dinner because Joshua was coming over before school, as he does every Wednesday. I shared my idea with him yesterday, and he said he was down for it. So onward I went. Someone I follow on Instagram posted a picture of a bunch of cans a few days ago, stating that it was how she made her chili. So I inquired more...

Here's her recipe:
-1 lb ground turkey
-1 package chili seasoning
-16 oz can chili beans
-28 oz can crushed tomatos
-10 oz can original Rotel

Brown your meat and drain.
While my meat was draining, I dumped everything else in my crock pot.
Then dumped my meat in and mixed it together.
Now, there are two ways to cook this. I put everything in my crock pot and turned it on high for about an hour, but then decided to turn it on low for the two remaining hours. What can I say, I was wingin' it. I'd recommend three hours on low. If you're crunched for time, you can cook it on the stove top. I didn't do that, so I can't tell you for how long...

Then? Bam. Dish up the yummy goodness and top with more yummy goodness. We added cheese, Fritos, and sour cream.

SO GOOD. Seriously, try it. Of course I don't have a picture, I ate it too quickly. ;)
Photobucket
*100% credit goes to Katie from Loves of Life. This is her recipe.*

No comments: