Image Map

11.05.2012

Show & Tell Monday. Careers.

1. Tell us what you studied in college. Is your job now related to what you studied?
I'm still in college. I attend school at night, after I get off work. My major is Child Development and I'm a Nanny, so yes it's very VERY related.

2. Tell us what your everyday job looks like.
Lots of diapers, bottles, and body functions. Working with kids, no two days are the same. My new charge is currently ten weeks old. Some days we will go out, some days we won't. Some days there is lots of crying, some days there isn't.

3. Do you have a picture of you at work? Show us.



These are from my job that ended in February. New job starts at the end of this month!
#nannylife, yo.

4. In 10 years, what do you see yourself doing? Same thing? More? Tell us. 
I definitely hope to be a mama in ten years. I definitely plan on caring for children in some way, shape or form. Whether it be a nanny like I am now, nannying in my home, or having a small licensed in-home day care. We shall see! 

5. Tell us what you've learned, and what recommendations you have for those looking into the field your going into.
What I've learned. That being a career Nanny is no joke. It's not easy and yes, it is a real job. YOU are solely responsible for someone else's most prized possession at least forty hours a week. Have an open line of communication with your bosses. If you're not a career nanny, or take it seriously, don't be here. 

My advice: Learn. Everything you can. Go to National Nanny Training Day, NannyPalooza, and the INA Conference. Get every single credential you can. Set yourself apart from the average. Have a contract before your first day. When in doubt, ASK. If you did something wrong, own up to it, even if they don't notice. Trust is, without a doubt, the most important quality in terms of nanny/ parent relationship. 

You can link up with Becky here! (:

Photobucket

No comments: