Image Map

11.17.2012

CPST Course & Life Stuff

If you don't follow me on Twitter or Instagram*, you wouldn't know BUT for the past three days I've been driving to Los Angeles to attend a Child Passenger Safety Technician course at the children's hospital. The class starts at 7a, so I had to leave my house at 5:20a. I promise I will never complain about the traffic in Orange County ever again. Pinky swear.

Despite the traffic, the course was SOO amazing and made the two-hour-each-way traffic worth it. I already considered myself a carseat nerd, but I learned so many new things! I would definitely recommend the course to anyone who drives with a child in the vehicle, even if it's on an irregular basis. I wish I could share all my new knowledge with you via osmosis. But alas, I've spent 21 hours over the last three days learning my non-existent bootie off. I have to attend a check event tomorrow then I am officially certified! I'm glad it's over, because I'm pooped!

We watched a bunch of crash test comparison videos in my class. As non-judgmental as I try to be, I don't understand why parents wouldn't want to extended rear face, or why they take their children out of a five-point harness early. The effects of using child restraints incorrectly are devastating. Here is a playlist of carseat safety videos from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. 

If you are thinking about become a Child Passenger Safety Technician, need to find a technician in your area, or want to find a SafeKids Coalition event, click here for more information. If you have any questions please feel free to email me! Just click the envelope on the "Let's Get Social" bar. I typically respond within an hour.
Photobucket
Postscript- I start work in NINE DAYS!! Stoked 'bout it. :o)
*My Twitter is private, as I share more personal bits of my life on there. Feel free to request, but I fully reserve the right to stalk your social media outlets before I approve you. Instagram is public. 

No comments: