Image Map

10.12.2013

Babywearing: My Go-To Carries

I wanted to share a few of the carries I find myself using over and over again, even after I've learned new ones. I'd consider myself proficient at these two, and can do them without a real mirror, aka in public while using the side of my car to keep track of what I'm doing.


Front Carry:
Front Wrap Cross Carry (FWCC): This was the first carry I ever tried, and I still love it. Honestly? I don't even know any other front carries. I'm content with this one for the time being, especially because I rarely wear L on the front in a wrap anymore.


Back Carry:
Double Hammock: I LOVE this carry. It looks so fancy once you're all done, but is easy to do once you get the hang of wrapping in general. It still has enough passes to hold L (13mo, 24lbs) comfortably for a few hours when I need to. She shows some chest pass variations in the video as well, but I always stick with the original. 


Disclaimer: Always practice back carries with a spotter and/or on a low, soft surface (ie- kneeling on a bed) if you're still trying it out and haven't mastered it yet. 
Photobucket
Babywearing Basics: Basics & Benefits // Types of Carriers // Where to Buy // My Favorites // Helpful Hints // My Stash 

2 comments:

Ashley @ Life with Kids said...

Great post!! I love the videos!!

Samantha said...

This is going to be so helpful when I get my wrap!! Thanks for sharing!!