Image Map

2.27.2013

Day in the Life: Nanny Share

I nanny share on Wednesdays. These events took place on February 6, 2013.
L is 5 months old and B is 16 months old.

6:15a- Original alarm goes off. Press snooze a billion times, waiting until the last minute to wake up. I'm pretty much a zombie this morning. Long days on both Tuesdays and Wednesday exhaust me. I put on clothes from class last night and grab leftovers from last week so I can throw them out at work. I have a 7-day rule when it comes to food, if it's older than seven days I won't eat it. My Oma has a cow if I throw away food at home. 

7:00a- Leave. Take the regular way to work, where I pay the toll. I can't risk being late to work again. Need to leave earlier so I can take the free, long way. Already looking forward to nap time. 

7:45a- Arrive at B's (16mo) house. Am told that they bought me Pepsi, which I am thankful, especially today and get a run down on how the morning went. We watch Baby Einstein until it's time to go across the street to Stink Bug's house. 

8:15a- Gather things and walk across the street. Get filled in on the morning and unpack our lunches. After my boss leaves, I let the babies interact while I make myself breakfast and eat- today it's a bagel and cream cheese and a Pepsi. B has learnt where a bink goes, and keeps giving and taking away L's. He's not excited.



8:45a- Ask B if she wants to eat, by both signing and speaking. She says yes. I give her apple sauce and cantaloupe with water. While she eats, L goes down for his first nap of the day. I also set up B's pack n play and let her play quietly and independently before her nap.

10:15- Give B 4oz of almond milk in a sippy cup before her nap. We recently discovered that she is lactose intolerant, so now she drinks alternative milks. She is asleep by 10:25a. I come out to the living room to see that L is awake, on the monitor. Go get him and feed.

11:00a- L is back to sleep. I join him. We snuggle sleep, with him on my chest.

1:30p- L and I wake. We go wake up B and ask her if she wants to eat. She nods her head 'yes' eagerly. Lunch today is: a pulled pork sandwich, pasta w/ veggie sauce, cantaloupe and water. I also feed L at this time.

2:15p- B's mom picks her up. L and I play for a few hours. I try for another nap (him, not me) but it's a no-go. He eats again at 4:10p and has some floor time afterward.

5:00p- L is down for a nap.

6:20p- Boss is home. Fill her in on the day. Lot's of chit chat and talk before I leave.

7:00p- Leave work. Go pick up my mom so she can stay over at my house tonight. I also pick up dinner since I left work late.

8:00p- Get to my house. Fart around. Watch Bones and GCB (on Hulu Plus) & catch up on blogs from today. I typically try to do this during one of L's naps.

12:30a- Lights out. I know this is late. I need to improve on my bedtime and be more productive in terms of getting things done at night.

What do your days look like? I'd love to know!
Photobucket

No comments: