Image Map

11.08.2013

Fitness Friday feat. My Sister! [1]

I'm full of new things this month! My sister is a fitness goddess and all around badass, so I asked her to share her tips and tricks with you on a regular basis. From now on she'll be guest posting on Fridays, hence the name Fitness Friday. She'll be introducing herself, sharing her favorite training move and her best stress relieving workout this week. Stay tuned, we have exciting things coming! :)

"Hello! I am Kelly, a certified personal trainer with a certification from the National Council on Strength and Fitness.  I am a substitute teacher, and a part time shipping and receiving lead.  In 2010 I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts degree from California State University, Fullerton. 


In addition, I am a half marathoner and a Spartan Race finisher.  Currently, I am training for my very first bikini competition set to take place in the summer of 2014. 

My favorite training move is the front squat.  I love this move because it works the quads, gluteus muscles, calves and hamstrings all while helping to sculpt strong sexy legs…and a firm backside too! When life gets stressful, I like to put on my running shoes and go for a jog.  Fast or slow, near or far. It doesn’t matter, as long as I get up and get moving.  Sometimes I can’t get to the gym to lift all of my worries away, but I have found that running is the next best thing, and I totally recommend it.  It is quick, easy, helps get the heart rate up, and best of all- it’s free!

I am really looking forward to contributing to this blog, while sharing all fitness and nutrition info/advice that I have.  Please feel free to join me on my fitness journey, and allow me to accompany you on yours. We are all in this together!"

You can connect with Kelly on Twitter, Instagram, or her blog :) 
Happy Friday!

 photo elise-siig_zpsaf5d097b.jpg

No comments: