Image Map

3.15.2013

Zucchini Lasagna

*I personally don't follow blogs via Google Reader, but if you follow my blog this way, I'd hate to lose you! Follow my blog with Bloglovin!*

 I'm working on eating better, and being more aware of what I put in my mouth. It's most definitely still a work in progress. I like Pepsi (a lot), and other processed foods. My body goes from comfortable to so-freaking-hungry really quickly, so if I don't have food that I can make quickly or that I can reheat, I will eat out and probably make a less than stellar choice.

The first place I turn to for new recipes is Pinterest, of course. I can type in whatever I want and get recipes in many variations. I've most recently been trying to work on my fruit and vegetable intake. I'm pretty picky with them and have the palette of a five year old.

A few weeks ago during nap time at work, I made Zucchini Lasagna to feed myself for the next few days. It took a while to make, but boy was it worth it. I did make two changes to the recipe. I substituted ground turkey for my meat, and used cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese. I also used a smaller pan than the recipe recommended, but I wouldn't recommend doing that, as it made my layers too thick.


Everything about this recipe was absolutely delicious and I will be adding this to my little cooking arsenal for sure! Let me know if you try it out, and how it works for you. :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yum -- we love homemade lasagna! And I *always* use cottage cheese instead of ricotta. It just has a little more moisture to it. Ricotta tends to be a little dry, in my opinion!