Image Map

9.06.2013

Calm During The Storm :: Blogtember Day 4

Prompt: A story about a time you were very afraid.
During and after my accident. I knew I was going to rear end that truck and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I remember having to push my door open with all my strength, and stumbling out of the car. The other driver asked me if I was okay, physically I was. But holy freaking shit if I wouldn't have been wearing my seatbelt I probably would've been at least partially ejected. My injuries (there were none) would have been a lot worse. 

I am definitely calm during the storm, but break down after things, and my adrenaline, calm down. I've always been that way. So when everyone else is crying, I am calm and mostly focused. Then after everyone else is calm, I'm bawling my eyes out. That how I was at my accident. I got out of my car and managed to make small talk with the other driver to make sure he was okay. Then I freaked out as I called Joshua and told him what happened and where I was. I also told him the wrong freeway at first, by the way. 

When we had the incident where my Oma passed out earlier this summer and had to be taken to the ER, same thing. Calm during the craziness. Then someone asked me if I was okay. Rule #1 if things are happening, DO NOT ask me if I'm okay. Yes, I was fine until you asked me. I ended up calling J because I was scared and asked him to stay over because I just wanted him. We both slept like rocks. She got home at 2a and all has been fine since. Turns out the only reason my Oma consented to the ER visit was because she didn't want to pay the ambulance bill, which totally makes me laugh now. 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Angela Tolsma said...

I'm the same way. Totally calm until I'm home or Kevin gets there. Hope your Oma is doing okay now