Image Map

9.10.2013

Not a Turn, a Curve :: Blogember Day 6

Prompt: Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.
It was definitely more of a curve that a turn, but I had the choice of going to two different high schools, OHS and CHS. My mom made me a deal that if I got straight As in 8th grade, I could go to CHS. Well, low and behold, I didn't. 

Now that I look back on it, there would've been so many things I wouldn't have done, or been able to do if I went to that other school.
If I went to CHS, I wouldn't have: been in FFA, been a starter on Varsity Water Polo, met my best friend, or dated Joshua. Some of the best things that have happened in my life wouldn't have happened if I would done something as simple as go to another high school. I'm so glad that my mom made such an important decision for me and didn't let me get my way. 
Photobucket

2 comments:

Christina @ The Murrayed Life said...

I went to my back up school because the one everyone thought I'd get into I didn't. And while I didn't have the most amazing experience, I did experience a world so different than my own, dated someone older who basically prepped the way for my husband, and just learned life lessons that I wouldn't have at the other. There's no regretting what didn't happen. :)

Kari @ Oh, For The Love Of Stories said...

This EXACT same thing happened to me when I was younger. In NY, catholic school 8th graders take a placement test and we have to name 3 choices for high schools. My father allowed me to put 1 co-ed school on the list but when it came down to decision time, that school was out of the question (even though they were offering me a full ride and the others weren't). I ended up going to an all girls high school and although I cant say I loved it then, it was one of the best decisions my dad made for me.