Image Map

9.23.2013

Weekend Shenanigans- Volume 1

So, I thought that sometimes, I'd share what I do on the weekends. Not every week, by any means, but maybe once or twice a month when I do exciting things. During the week my life is super scheduled and busy. And usually boring. I have a routine that I stick to. It is what it is and all I can say is that I can't wait for school to be over.

I currently have a bunch of family in town for my Oma's birthday tomorrow. Of course while they're here, we must do all the fun things! This is what we did last weekend...

Saturday we drove out the the Huntington Library and walked through the gardens and had a late lunch at the tea house there. It was beautiful but we spent a few hours there, and only saw about a third of what they had to offer. I think in order to get the most out of the experience, a full day trip would be necessary.



On Sunday, my mom took me to LA to go shopping for my birthday. I originally asked for a Photography Concentrate tutorial, but I ended up winning them so I had to come up with something else. I've been eyeing this bag from Vera Bradley for at least a year, and my mom treated me to one! 

We went to the Americana at Brand as well as the Glendale Galleria, which happen to be across the street from each other. This is the thing about the LA area, I have a love-hate relationship it. The shopping is absolutely amazing, but the traffic totally sucks. One of my other favorite malls is The Grove which is also in LA. 



Can we talk about that shopping bag? Gorgeous! Along with the Small Duffle in Heather, I also got the Zip ID Case and the Laptop Sleeve in the same print. I already have my eye on a few more items that I think would round out my travel necessities very nicely. I currently have a million and one bags, and would really like to streamline my "collection" before the year is over.

What's in your travel necessity collection? Do you have a million different bags like I do, or are you a "one and done" type person. Share with me in the comments! 
Happy Tuesday!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Julie said...

I have seriously considered purchasing VB as travel bags because after the experience we had trying to find our bags in Mexico, I'd love a pattern that I can spot easily.