Image Map

12.05.2013

Handling Social Media

I was going through my blog roll yesterday, when I started wondering how other people handled their social media accounts. I post tweets, statuses, and photos to my various accounts whenever I want to, but have found myself going through my blog roll and YouTube subscriptions almost daily so I don't get too far behind. 

As far as blogging goes, it's usually on a whim. Like right now, it's 2:30a as I write this post. I'd like to try to get on more of a schedule, but that probably won't happen before the end of the year because things have so crazy lately. Maybe that will be one of my resolutions for the new year :) The only time things are scheduled and written in advance is during some sort of series or if I have a lot of time to write multiple posts. I also almost never have posts in my drafts because I'll start something, then forget about what direction I was headed in so I end up deleting it. 

Now I want to know what works for you, because I'm curious and totally nosy like that. Is your routine similar to mine, or totally different? Do you try to stay on top of everything by reading them as they come in? Or do you let everything pile up for the week and veg out on social media for an afternoon on a weekend? Do you set aside time for blogging or are you an "on-a-whim" type of writer too? 

 photo elise-siig_zpsaf5d097b.jpg

2 comments:

Kari @ Oh, For The Love Of Stories said...

As far as reading other blogs is concerned, I try to keep up, checking in daily for a good read. But bloglovin? Well, that's a-whole-nother thing. It's just so daunting when I log in and it says 726 unread posts! Ah! I usually just take a certain day to sit with it lol.
For blogging, I try to blog every weekday even if it's just a quick list or inspirational quote. I schedule my posts on Sunday afternoon while I watch football so I don't have to worry about that during the week.

Kari @ Lipstick Stains & Coffee Cups

Ashley @ Life with Kids said...

I try to read the blogs on my roll each day. Depending on my schedule that can be in the morning or evening. As far as writing posts I write the post the day I want it posted. I only have one post required a week for myself an that is Ellie's weekly posts!