Image Map

8.31.2013

Camera Chatter

Oh man, yesterday was kind of a big day. I had my first photo session that someone paid for. It was harder than what I expected, but I got a lot of really great pictures that I think they'll be really happy with. It's the first set of "professional" pictures that they've had take since their son was born over a year ago.


I definitely have a ways to go before I'm 100% confident behind the camera and in my editing abilities, but practice makes perfect - right? This year will be full of practice. I have a lot of photography related things that I'm looking forward to before the year comes to an end.

I'm getting this tutorial for my birthday, which I think will be incredibly helpful in teaching me the in's and out's of my camera. I'm also trying to decide on an editing program. I tried Lightroom a while back and hated it, but everyone I've talked to says they prefer it over Photoshop. Maybe I just didn't give it enough of a chance? I also really like Photoshop Elements, but I don't think it will have enough options, especially as Ellie Jaye begins to grow.

After all that jibber jabber, my question is - What editing program do you have? What made you pick it over the others? Do I need Lightroom and Elements? If you're wondering, I use PicMonkey right now. I love it, but it's just not working for me anymore since I'm editing so many pictures, instead of just four or five for my blog.
Photobucket

No comments: