Image Map

8.28.2013

The Week of the Sickies

This week has been crazy. I woke up feeling like crap on Sunday, but thought maybe my allergies had just started acting up since the house I was staying in over the weekend was rather dusty. My allergies present themselves in cold- like symptoms: runny nose, congested cough, body aches, etc. I figured I'd take a Claritin D before bed and I would be good to go on Monday.

But low and behold, I am sick- for real. There are over 200 strains of the common cold, so going to the doctors is a waste. I got to work on Monday to find out that L is sick too. Well, it's Wednesday and we're still both sick. Needless to say, we've been doing a lot of movie watching and napping this week.

I also had my first night of school last night. It actually went pretty well. I volunteered my answer during class and got it right, which totally made me feel awesome because I suck at math. I'm also taking Biology Lecture. Both of the classes are repeats for me to bring up my GPA.  I took Bio Lecture my first semester at this school and got a D, and I'm pretty sure it's because I was taking Lab and Lecture at the same time and my brain just doesn't work like that. And math? I'm not good at. At all.

Fun Facts:
- I've never been well for both the first week of school and the week of finals since I started going to college. It's either one or the other. I'm that girl who is walking around in a hoodie and sweats because I'm sick in May.

- I can't take any sort of allergy or cold medication during the day because I will fall asleep. Even if it says non-drowsy. For me, it is. I've tried a few times before with different medications and I just end up falling asleep at inappropriate times, like in the middle of family get togethers. So when I'm sick or my allergies flare up I have to take something that lasts for 24 hours and take it before I go to bed at night.

I get to draw and announce the winner for my Erin Condren giveaway tomorrow! Go enter if you haven't already, before it's too late! There's only 12 hours left.
Happy Hump Day!
Photobucket

No comments: