Image Map

8.10.2012

Nanny Life: Vehicle Emergency Kits

They're done! 

I'm so happy with the way they came out and their potential functionality. 
Here they are all put together:

Each one contains the following: 
- I bought the containers from Target in a pack of 5 for $5.99. The lids are pink but I thought it was an awesome deal.
- A change of clothes (shirt, shorts, two pairs of underwear, two pairs of socks)
I bought the cheapest clothes I could find at Target. The shorts were on clearance for $3.50 a pair, the shirts were $5 each. I bought the socks and underwear in packs. 
- Children's pain reliever & anti-diarrheal medicine
- Adult pain reliever and Tums
- Itch relief topical creme, antibiotic ointment, and eye rinse
- Vaseline
- Baby wipes
- Mini-maglite flashlights
- A thermometer
- Medical gloves, non-stick gauze, and medical tape
- Small tube of sunblock
I used the brand GoToob travel bottles, I big puffy heart that brand. P burns VERY easily, this was a necessity for us.
-Wet Ones and hand sanitizer
-a first aid kit that I (kind of) put together myself



Each first aid kit looks like this:

It came with the scissors, mini flashlight, and tweezers. I added the sterile wipes, various sized bandaids, and batteries (for the mini maglites!) I thought it'd be best to take advantage of the empty space in the clear containers, so I took out the plastic holding the items in place.

I'm still working on the disaster prep kit, but its definitely starting to come together. I'm so excited to share that with you guys!

xoxo-

*Everything was purchased at Target with the exception of: Mini Maglites were puchased in packs of two at Home Depot. The medical gloves & sterile wipes were purchased at CVS.







No comments: