Image Map

1.02.2014

Fitness Friday: Finding The Love

It's the first Fitness Friday of the new year! Instead of having my sister write for you, I decided hijack my own blog, if that's even possible, and share how I found the love again...
Anyone who knows me in real life, knows that I am a swimmer. I swam all four years in high school, three and a half of those being on varsity. I also played water polo in the off season so I could stay in shape for swim season. 

Since graduating high school, and thus leaving the pool, I've been trying to find the workout love again and I've tried several different routines on land. My sister made me a routine that included everything from eating to cardio, I tried to go it alone several times, and I gave PayanX a good try. I can say I definitely work best in a "team" environment. 

Like swimming, PayanX is an individual sport done in a group, so I don't have to rely on anyone else to do things right. Wow, how OCD of me, haha. So now that you know how I feel about team sports, lets get to the point. 

Over my few days off work, I decided I wanted to start swimming again. Not just at the gym and all that hokey business. Like on a team. So I took action and emailed a local master's swim team asking for more info...

I had my first day yesterday and I absolutely loved it. I will definitely be signing up and working to be meet/competition ready by the spring. I haven't shared my goals for 2014 yet, but one of them is to BE an athlete, to be the best I can be -- which includes training and eating like one. 

Did you play sports in high school/ college? 
Have you found the workout love since graduating? 

 photo elise-siig_zpsaf5d097b.jpg

No comments: