Image Map

3.04.2012

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait...

So. Nothing came of the interviews, except connections to an amazing agency specializing in newborns and multiples. Whom I hope to work with one day. I've emailed and applied for A LOT of jobs. So many I've lost count. I've received nothing in return, no emails & no calls. Why? Could be my age. I'm young for a professional nanny. Only twenty-one. Maybe my going rate. Invest in your child's caretaker; is all I gotta say.

After about a month of no income, I was blessed by a "former" client, aka parent. You know, the one who does the hiring. I still work for her every so often on the weekends. So today I attended this little man's first birthday party where she asked about my situation, she knew I was out of work, and she told me there were a few days I could work for her and when she would need me. 

Tonight she offered me a job. Part-time, enough to pay my bills. Leaving enough room in my schedule before school to try to find another job in the afternoons. I LOVE HER. She is my saving grace. 

I'm hoping to fill the void in my schedule with an afternoon job at Equinox, in the Kid's Club. Fingers crossed for that one. (:

xoxo.