Image Map

7.22.2012

Eighty Hours Straight

My second week at work was fantastic!
My one of my bosses was out of town, so I stayed at their house from Tuesday morning until I got off work on Friday at 5p. I was tired by the end of it, but I definitely had a blast spending all that time with P.

P and I are really getting into the swing of things and getting to know each other.
He knows that I mean business and that I don't mess around. I have used the phrase "Nannies always win" a whole lot of times, because we do. I can be more stubborn and hard headed & have more patience than him. I'm learning more of his favorite things, and the reason behind why he chooses not to listen sometimes.

We started the Marble System, where he earns marbles based on good behavior/attitude, helpfulness, and having good listening ears. I take them away also based on attitude and listening ears, but also because he uses "Bathroom Words" sometimes. Which I (and his parents!) obviously find completely inappropriate. It's something that we're continuously addressing and trying to eliminate!

He started school on Monday. He cried when I dropped him off, but was all smiles and so happy when I picked him up at 12:30p. He also ate all his lunch, which is a school only thing because he snacks constantly at home. On Friday morning, I hugged him goodbye and he ran off to play. What a difference a week makes! We also had a trial gymnastics class on Tuesday, which he loved. We have martial arts on Monday, and will be starting swim as soon as they can fit us in for an eval during the week.

We also went to a local children museum on Thursday. Although there were waaay more people there than I expected to be, we made the most of it and had a blast! P has a dairy allergy and doesn't like meat, so I pack a lunch and snacks for any of our longer outings. He's been eating like a champ and is definitely going through a growth spurt right now!

xoxo.




1 comment:

Mrs. Jones said...

I cannot wait to meet P! <3